Hi everyone, hope you had a nice weekend. Let’s get this week started shall we? I’m diving into my Fold Over Clutch from Australian Designer Nikki Williams, which holds just enough essentials to get through the day. You’ve probably seen this clutch popping up all over my Instagram feed lately, and a few blog posts back (I’ve been toting this thing up and down the Bay Area, and often times people will stop and compliment.) The people have spoken, it’s a winner.
Sometimes it’s nice to not carry a shoulder bag around. I’m a minimalist, so this roomy clutch is pretty handy when all you need is a driver’s license, keys, and phone, plus a lipstick or what have you.
*If you’d like to snag one of Nikki’s many beautifully crafted bags, you can do so here.
Use code “Shoessash” at checkout for 20% off!
Nikki Williams “Caviette” Fold Over Clutch
In the bag:
Casetify: Phone Case
Nars: Satin Lip Pencil in “Rikugien“
Laneige: BB Cream Compact (Found at Target)
Sunnies: 3.1 Philip Lim
Plants are powerful. Now that I’ve tackled my hair woes, (see previous post) I’ve moved on to concour my temperamental skin with the help of Botanics. Since I have combination skin, I’m always fighting breakouts along my chin and T-zone. Over the years, (even with sunscreen every day) I’ve dealt with sensitivity and blotchiness that is hard to tame. With that being said, I’ve gone through many a dermatologist and many skin care products in my day, but nothing has been nearly as effective, gentle, and affordable as this line. Now at Target, they’re all under $10 and I’m happy to have found something that works that’s affordable.
I’ve been using Botanics now for 2 weeks, and I’m already seeing clearer, calmer skin. Hyper pigmentation has reduced significantly to where my face is one tone with very little redness. I’m even using just a bb cream, no foundation or cover up necessary anymore. So here’s what I do:
- Wash morning and night with the Shine Away Mattifying Mousse. Willowbark is naturally high in salicylic acid so it removes oil and clarifies skin
- Pat on the Shine Away Toner (or with cotton pad) to remove impurities and tighten pores
- Apply the Shine Away Day Cream with SPF 15 all over face. You don’t need much, it’s light weight and gentle and my skin is completely hydrated and not greasy.
- Twice a week (at night) I use the Shine Away Clay Mask to draw out all the gunk and impurities my skin may absorb. Leave on for about 10 minutes and your skin will feel extra clean before washing with cleanser.
- Twice a week (at night) I use the Invigorating Face Scrub that gently sloughs off dead skin. (Don’t rub too hard, I usually do this on the days I don’t use the mask.)
- 3-4 times a week (at night) I apply the Shine Away Gel Cream prior to moisturizing which acts to clarify and seal in all the work I just did. My skin actually feels tighter each time I use it!
And there you have my effective and affordable skincare routine using the #PowerofPlants. You can find Botanics and all of their many products at Target or with the links provided.
What I use: Shine Away Collection
Other skin types:
Anti Aging Collection
*Thank you Botanics for sponsoring this post, all opinions are my own.